When people..
People make all the difference. And the difference that people make was first made by the One who first loved this world.
If 'I' became them or at the very least, 'We', the world would and could possibly be a much better place. And God, if 'I' was replaced with 'You', my world would be complete. Remind me that each time I call Your name, I am complete and I'd be able to say that my world is complete - I am complete.
With You, to simply be, With You.
I know some things in my life aren't right and at times, I'm so full of myself, but as long as I've got You, everything else will fall into place. Even when my imperfections hinder.
My spirit's been very quiet and very silent over the past few weeks. And I wonder, if it's my inability, or just, an overwhelming calmness. I can't really tell but I'm enjoying the serenity and the surrender.
I'm not feeling dry, I'm feeling still. It's as if time doesn't matter to me, right now. All's at a standstill and God is just, doing His thing.
I love the way God does things. His plans are timely - they come at the right time and He knows the way to and around your heart :) God enables His people to smile before, after and even during intensely difficult moments. I believe that, do you?
I've always tried to imagine what it would be like to see God. His real, tangible presence. Something I'd be able to feel with my bare hands. And with the Godly fear in my heart, I know I won't hesitate to reach out my hand to touch Him.
As Christians, we want to leave a legacy just like our Heavenly Father did. But aspiring to do that, isn't all that easy, is it? Regardless of the hardship, we try anyway. And to me, that's the beauty of it. Because in the midst of trying, God empowers, God calls, God anoints and God loves through us. For that very reason, God is Awesome. It makes our walks that much more meaningful and purposeful.
So I'm stuck, at a crossroad - left or right? To stay or turn around? Am I going to look back one day and say, "Where did I go wrong? I lost a friend, somewhere along in the bitterness." or "I'm enjoying this friendship because I persevered through hardship and fought hard to keep it going."? Am I to choose?
I've seen the marks of confusion, wipe out a single sign of grace.
And I don't want to play anymore, not when the stakes are so high.
So before we circle round once more, I'm gonna lay down, lay down my pride.
Can we lay down, just lay down this pride?
If only we'd stop trying so hard. If only we'd realise. And if you'd realise, that I am still a friend.
It isn't worth, not one single bit. I see no value, or consistency. It simply isn't good enough a reason. I think the reason to stay, wins hands down.
God wins.
.
.
.
My fight ends here. The other end's not for me to fight.
.
.
.
Where would I be without You,
Here in my life, here in my life?
God, it's Your turn to deal now. I'm in complete surrender. I'm resting in Your ever-assuring love :) Because I trust, believe in and love, You.
If 'I' became them or at the very least, 'We', the world would and could possibly be a much better place. And God, if 'I' was replaced with 'You', my world would be complete. Remind me that each time I call Your name, I am complete and I'd be able to say that my world is complete - I am complete.
With You, to simply be, With You.
I know some things in my life aren't right and at times, I'm so full of myself, but as long as I've got You, everything else will fall into place. Even when my imperfections hinder.
My spirit's been very quiet and very silent over the past few weeks. And I wonder, if it's my inability, or just, an overwhelming calmness. I can't really tell but I'm enjoying the serenity and the surrender.
I'm not feeling dry, I'm feeling still. It's as if time doesn't matter to me, right now. All's at a standstill and God is just, doing His thing.
I love the way God does things. His plans are timely - they come at the right time and He knows the way to and around your heart :) God enables His people to smile before, after and even during intensely difficult moments. I believe that, do you?
I've always tried to imagine what it would be like to see God. His real, tangible presence. Something I'd be able to feel with my bare hands. And with the Godly fear in my heart, I know I won't hesitate to reach out my hand to touch Him.
As Christians, we want to leave a legacy just like our Heavenly Father did. But aspiring to do that, isn't all that easy, is it? Regardless of the hardship, we try anyway. And to me, that's the beauty of it. Because in the midst of trying, God empowers, God calls, God anoints and God loves through us. For that very reason, God is Awesome. It makes our walks that much more meaningful and purposeful.
So I'm stuck, at a crossroad - left or right? To stay or turn around? Am I going to look back one day and say, "Where did I go wrong? I lost a friend, somewhere along in the bitterness." or "I'm enjoying this friendship because I persevered through hardship and fought hard to keep it going."? Am I to choose?
I've seen the marks of confusion, wipe out a single sign of grace.
And I don't want to play anymore, not when the stakes are so high.
So before we circle round once more, I'm gonna lay down, lay down my pride.
Can we lay down, just lay down this pride?
If only we'd stop trying so hard. If only we'd realise. And if you'd realise, that I am still a friend.
It isn't worth, not one single bit. I see no value, or consistency. It simply isn't good enough a reason. I think the reason to stay, wins hands down.
God wins.
.
.
.
My fight ends here. The other end's not for me to fight.
.
.
.
Where would I be without You,
Here in my life, here in my life?
God, it's Your turn to deal now. I'm in complete surrender. I'm resting in Your ever-assuring love :) Because I trust, believe in and love, You.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home